Thursday, October 24, 2013

Maneki-neko 招き猫 (Part VII) : Fujisan --- The Golden Opportunity Cat

From the very first time I set my sight on the Golden Opportunity Cat, I knew that he was mine.
 
Once again, I acquired this Maneki-neko 招き猫 from Siri Paradise with a wide smile plastered to my face when I place him next to Koban, another of his senior & hopefully, would serve as his mentor.



I observed that the porcelain tone of this cat isn't as white as compared to Sakura & Le-Petit's.  He had a sort of light grayish undertone to his white porcelain.

Nevertheless, the pricing was a lot lower than the rest of products I have bought from Siri Paradise.   As such, it's value for money given the quality as you could see in the upcoming video clip I did for the cat.

The auspicious symbols are of great significance to those of us who have career ambitions in mind.  The brinjals, fish, golden flower petals, etc ...

As such, I was very happy to have him at home.




In view of the many Maneki-neko 招き猫 at home, I ran out of ideas in naming him.  After much contemplation, his name was inspired by the symbols of Japan's great Mount Fuji on both sides of his chubby body - Fujisan.

It was said that Mount Fuji got its name from the word "immortality", which surprisingly is written as 不死 and read as pu-see in Japanese.

There were also other auspicious symbols, such as the brinjals & fish, found on Fujisan which had me sold on him when Jacy of Siri Paradise first showed him to me.




And Fujisan is also outfitted with a gold-tone bell at the collar, which my Maneki-neko 招き猫would never be perceived as complete should it be without it (bell).



Fujisan is fashioned in a crouching position such that he was pouncing onto a gold-tone bell which was in fact sewn onto his collar.

I was surprised to learn from Jacy that this bell isn't just there for decorative purposes.  It signifies golden opportunities knocking on his owner's door and grabbing them at every chance when they come rolling our way!



Before penning off, I would like to share the following photographs on Fujisan :



Isn't Fujisan a darling?  ( ^.^ )

By the time I pen-off this write-up on Fujisan, I'm already panting with exhaustion & exhilaration.  With Hubby Dearest overlooking from the back of my shoulder and shaking his head ...

No comments:

Post a Comment