Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Maneki-neko 招き猫 (Part V) : Solar-powered Cat --- by Kimura Ohshido (from Siri Paradise)

I bought this solar powered cat on the same day as Le Petit from Jacy of Siri Paradise.  It's another high quality Japanese craft from Kimura Ohshido in Japan.
 
 
 
It's a cute little thing that's great for those of us who had a soft spot for small & kawaii (adorable) stuff such as myself.
 
I did a video clip on this solar powered cat.  However, it seems amateurish as it's the first video I have created.  I'm hopeful that my video editing techniques would be more polished in the near future.
 
Here comes my humble video (^.^) ...

 

Jacy had mentioned to me that the supplier claimed that the solar powered cat is going to last forever.  I'm hoping that it lasts too as it's such an adorable-looking thing to fall in love with & laugh at it each time I set eyes on it!   ( ^ . ^ )  ... And it's also because of the somewhat hefty price tag that came with it too ...
 
The cat's ticking tail derives its energy from a mini solar strip (I think it's known as a solar cell) that's found on solar powered calculators which are commonly found in stationery stores.

We were very surprised that this item has a very sensitive mechanism such that the cat would start wagging its tail in an upward motion swinging from side to side under natural light.  The windows are more than 3 meters away from the solar powered cat's location & yet, the cute kitty cat would start ticking its tail like a metronome for musicians.

I observed that the cat would start wagging its tail gradually after 7 AM in the morning & start picking up its speed within half an hour, maintaining its "wagging speed" all the way past 6 PM in the evening.  That's a good 12 hours of tail swinging every day! ;)



As you could see from the photograph, the product is certified to be made in Japan with a set of serial numbers.

Jacy has other designs of solar powered cats & dogs which are a lot larger in size & in a stand-alone design up for grabs.  Not as dainty as this version that I bought but still worth buying especially for avid fans of  Maneki-neko 招き猫!

Ganbatte! 頑張って !

__________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer:

Kindly note that this blogging article is created strictly for the purpose of sharing my humble & objective views of products sold by the aforesaid company.
 
I am not affiliated to Siri Paradise or Kimura Ohshido mentioned in this blogging entry. 
 
Reader's discretion is therefore sought when viewing this thread and making any purchases with the sellers.
 
Thank you for your kind understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment